Friday, 24 August 2007

O'erweaning ambition

I've never really regarded myself as ambitious; until now. Back at the beginning of the year I volunteered to make a Christmas stocking for my little niece; having made one several years ago for my nephew this would make a set.

'Just a simple one' my sister said. Well, I looked at simple patterns and there were some lovely ones and I would have been happy to make one of them. Then I found this pattern. Sigh.

Honestly, I started with good intentions, and I stitched away quite happily for a while. Then, I 'took a break'. Actually I got distracted for a couple of months. You know how it is - so many things to make, so little time. Sigh. Suffice to say, I am way behind schedule. This is where I was up to as of 17 August:

(sorry, this pic doesn't want to pop up)

I am now putting in some stitching EVERY day, and I'm actually surprised at the progress I've made since taking this picture! I still don't know whether I'll have it finished in time for this Christmas but I'm doing my darndest.

Not ambitious. HUMPHHHH!!!

(I will keep you apprised of my progress )

2 comments:

Papoosue said...

Blimey, pretty ambitious Diane. I still haven't quite finished the kids birth samplers and they are how old now......!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how gorgeous is that!!!! You could have picked something simpler but wow it will be lovely when it is done. You are an amazing Aunty and sister xxxx